Sunday, December 14, 2014

Crème Brûlèe

Assalamualaikum..
Bonjour!
Like suddenly I missed Paris.

I went to Tesco Kota Bharu yesterday with Bella .She wanna bake some macarons while her staying in Kota Bharu. Whether she's going to promote it on her instagram ( @bakesterbella) or I am going to promote it among my friends.

So yeahh the eggs are back in the kitchen and I can bake anything!I made a good choice today.I've chose creme brulee as it does not require too many ingredients.Also,the ingredients are very cheap.

I made a research today.From a research I've set up an experiment. The problem statement is:Can cream be subtituted with milk?
If you don't have cream at home,you can use milk,coconut milk or yoghurt for subtitution.The texture will be vary from others.But still,heavy cream does the best work!

I used evaporated milk and heyy,it still tastes good and the texture is not bad at all!

So,here it comes.

  • 4 egg yolks
  • 5 tbsp sugar
  • 1 vanilla pod or 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 250 ml whipping/heavy cream (I used evaporated milk)
  •  caster sugar (enough to sprinkle on top)

  • Method:
  • Preheat the oven to 180°C.
  • Beat the egg yolks, add the sugar a little bit at a time. Beat until light colour and thick in mass. 
  • Cut the vanilla pod open and scrape the seeds out with a sharp knife. 
  • Mix the seeds/vanilla essence and cream into the egg mixture. Now pour the mixture into ramekins. Put the ramekins in a large oven proof dish, poor cold water into the dish (about 3cm high). Bake the mixture for 30 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool. Now place in fridge for about 2 hours or over night. 
  • Before serving sprinkle castor sugar over each ramekin and caramelise either with a gas burner or under the grill in a very hot oven. Et viola.x

  • See more at: http://www.nigella.com/recipes

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Leave me your comment!
    XOXO
    <3 Aufa