Sunday, March 6, 2016

KEK BATIK - Marie AuFudge Cake




It's a day to reminisce our old days as a kid, where I always love to eat my sister's Kek Batik that I even asked her to make one for my classmates. As the making of it would be very simple, I started to try it myself (when I was 6yo). Kinda like throwing everything I remembered from watching my sister did that.And wallah,there goes my first not-so-called-cake ,Kek Batik which really boosts up my passion in baking which after that I tried to bake my first chocolate cake. :'))

KEK BATIK @ Marie fudge (glamour wuuu)
  • 2 cup Milo
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp coffee powder (optional)
  • i tsp vanilla essence
  • 1/2 tin condensed milk
  • 250g butter (one whole stick)
  • 1 packet of Biskut Marie (I prefer the plain so that you can see the contrast with the fudge)

Method:
(I remember how I did, I combined everything except the biscuit and cook on the stove,no problem)
  1. Make sure you melt the butter first.
  2. Then add the condensed milk,vanilla,cocoa,milo and coffee powder and mix until smooth and no big lumps.
  3. Cook on stove until they somehow thicken and remove from heat. 
  4. Break the biscuits into halves and coat them all into the goey fudge.
  5. Man,pour them into the plastic tupperware or your cake tins already!

MY WAY: I took cling plastic wrapper and  lay on the flat table.Next,pour the fudge on the middle of it .I took both end points and bring it to cover the fudge (leaving a longer side to roll over), and roll them away very tightly. Which you can see the result above. :P

P/S: If you like the biscuit to be soft, cook the biscuits a little longer before removing from heat. 

2 comments:

Leave me your comment!
XOXO
<3 Aufa