Friday, April 15, 2016

BACKPACKING-Djok Dja

Assalamualaikum and greetings,y'all!

Alhamdulillah,it's been a great blessing for having this long days after SPM life-I could join my sisters' backpacking trip.
This time I will take you along with me to explore Jogjakarta,Indonesia where I went last month. Sorry for the late update,tho it already 'basi' (I was quite buzy,basically me everytime)

THE DAY:KLIA 2 WITH MY BACKPACKING BUDDIES
Now that was my inaugural backpacking with my twain sisters and 4 cuzzy and 2 my sister's friends.Ohhh, to emphasize everything here,also my first evcr self-sponsored travel.From the flight  ticket,hotel,taxi to pocket money... *cry a lake
TBH,I still cannot move on from this trip. It's true,spending my own money on something somehow trained me to appreciate everything.It's not easy to earn and in any event is very easy to lose.This trip,I felt so occupied,no time to be wasted!(Duhh,it's called backpacking for reason,aufa)
Going to this humble country however gave me such indescribable experiences and lessons.Cliche as in essays,but true.Not saying that Paris or Aussie can't make me a better person,yep?I discovered a lot from the local here.Talked to several people who barely make money to feed their hungry family,but they smile like tomorrow never die.
The people here are nice,too,unlike the stories I heard. Alhamdulillah everything was safe and sound,I did not encounter pick-pocket or etc....
and the places I went,magnificent (I was dumbfounded most of the time!)

Moving on about FOOD
Jogja,pronounced Djok Dja is closely related to their special traditional delicacy,Gudeg. Made of unripe nangka (jackfruit) with palm sugar and coconut milk which eaten with white rice as a Lauk.In Malaysia we distantly eat sweet lauk like dessert with rice. Our lauk is savoury most of all. I.ofc had a try and the taste tinged my tastebud.Guess what,I emptied my plate. But you gotta try on your own!


Driving hours to Dieng (Negeri Di Atas Awan),there's a fruit called Carica you can find ubiquitous by the road.Locals simply pasteurized them in syrup without adding preservatives and colouring and flavouring.They were so cheap too (everything so cheap lah)that I wasn't at will to bargain when I wanna buy.That's why my money always MIA,undected. :(

DAY 1

Arrived at the airport,took bus to the hotel.Then walking out to Malioboro. (Took longer 'cause we lost)
MALIOBORO-the first nearest place we went after arriving

Must have pictures with local!

Bakso in Malioboro


DAY 2

  • About 5hrs drive to DIENG. We hired a  supir,he was super duper kind,and quite good looking too opsie)

Candi Arjuna,in Dieng
Kawah Sikidang

Kawah people(me) smells like rotten egg



That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! *not excited
Best and cheap mushroom restaurant! Jejamur is cendawan
DAY 3


  • Gunung Merapi
  • Gua Pindul


Gunung Merapi

















DAY 4
Nak pergi Malioboro lagi sekali niiii 

Teh Botol is essential!

Bizarre!

We make this airline like a cafe. Adios jogja! :(



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comment!
XOXO
<3 Aufa